HMS Key projects, Development & Innovations
Export sales revenue of HMS Group outside the FSU has reached US$ 56 million including international nuclear power plants projects, showing steep 37% yoy increase versus a previous year.
Adding up sales revenue from projects involving international EPC companies in Russia and the CIS of US$ 12 million makes total HMS export sales revenue figure equaling US$ 68 million, i.e. 103% of the HMS Group Export Sales strategy adopted by the HMS Board of Directors in 2016.
Signing in 2019 high value contracts in Persian Gulf/ MENA region has anchored considerable export sales revenue backlog for 2020 amounted in c. US$ 90 million , including international nuclear power plants projects that keeps export sales growth pace at the challenging level of over 30% yoy compared to 2019.
In 2019, Export sales directorate has broadened the export sales product portfolio starting sales of centrifugal compressors and static equipment for international EPC projects in Russia.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
HMS Group follows best practices and international standards in R&D, manufacturing and quality management in order to meet the growing requirements on the market. We actively participate in the government-initiated process of import substitution, which allows us to broaden our product portfolio and attract a large number of clients.
In 2019, the company set up smelting of high-alloy nickel cast iron, analogy of foreign Ni-resist ASTM A 436 cast iron. Production of wetted part casting from this kind of cast iron will allow improve operating properties of pumps and increase their performance life in aggressive environment.
Nuclear power generation
HMS Group developed the technology of production of pump body castings, where ceramic running system with siphon CFF1-filtering of liquid melt input was used. This technology will be used in production of AS-1D200-90-A pumps for nuclear power plants, which will have the safety class 2.
The produced two units successfully passed all non-destructive control tests.
HMS Group continues to expand the range of standard sizes of mass-produced rotor-dynamic pumps intended for sewage water, type CD. Centrifugal CD pumps and electric pump units, made on their base, are used for urban and industrial waste waters and other non-aggressive liquids with a possible additions of petroleum products of max 2 percent.
|Head, m||Pressure at the pump inlet,|
of the pump (max.), кW
head, m, maximum
Liquid-packed ring vacuum pumps
HMS Group continues to expand the range of mass-produced liquid-packed ring vacuum pumps of VVN type and started the serial production of VVN2-50 pumps. These pumps and units, made on their base, are applicable in petrochemicals, metals & mining, pulp & paper industries, agriculture, construction and medicine. The pumps are intended for exhaustion of air, water-insoluble inert or aggressive gas, depending on the flow part’s material, to create or maintain vacuum. The pump is produced in 3 standard sizes: rotational speed of 500 rpm, 600 rpm and 750 rpm with 40m3/hour, 50m3/hour and 60m3/hour ensure capacity respectively.
100m3 Underground vessel (storage tank)
In 2019, NRS developed a technology of production of underground storage tanks with nominal value at 100m3. The most producers don’t have capacities to produce and transport vessels with such mass and dimensions parameters (13m length, 4m height, 3.2m diameter and 18.5t weight).
OIL & GAS EQUIPMENT
Thermo-Chemical Binary Mixture Technology (TCBXT)
In 2016-2018, HMS Group was developing the technology and the equipment complex for thermo-chemical and oil-and-gas-bearing formation treatment, with the aim of increasing hydrocarbon production and restoring the ecological environment on oil and gas fields, instead of using the foreign technology of proppant-gel fracturing. The project was being carried out in cooperation with Tyumen State University and the Institute of Biochemical Physics of the Russian Academy of Sciences in accordance with a contract with the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation.
In 2019, the Group concentrated on promoting and commercialization of the new technology. Also, the company acquired the industrial patent # 2696714 for a thermochemical treatment of oil-and-gas-bearing formation.
HMS aimed at oil & gas companies, which expressed interest in the implementation of the new technology. As an example, PAO “Tatneft” signed the first commercial contract to treat 10 wells on a number of its oil & gas fields.
The company entered into cooperation with the Kazan University regarding conduction of laboratory and stand research of different binary systems under diverse reservoir conditions. Also, in Tyumen, HMS organized laboratory experiments, laboratory and stand testing of cores, subsamples of crude oil and oil-field water.
Mobile Secondary Reference Metrology Complex
In 2019, HMS continued research and development upon an investment project to develop the Intelligent Mobile Secondary Reference Metrology Complex mounted on a cross-country chassis.
The new Mobile Metrology Instrument will allow oil & gas companies to calibrate online metering units, without interruption of hydrocarbons’ extraction, thus lowering costs of extraction.
The company successfully completed the following project’s milestones:
- Completion of 3D-model and the electronic paste-up of the unit;
- Completion of research testing of the electronic paste-up. Completion of simulation of circulation of multi-phase flows inside the complex’s elements. Evaluation of working effectiveness of the complex;
- Completion of engineering analysis of the complex’s core elements by the finite-element method;
- Development of design & operational and design & technological documents;
- Completion of a design of a crude oil analyzer. Completion of its 3D-model and corresponding engineering analysis;
- Completion of development of the complex’s APCS
Hydromechanical drive for sucker rod pumping units
The main advantages of the hydromechanical drive developed by HMS Group are:
- No need to redevelop an oil-well for an offered technology;
- Release of sucker-rod-pumping-unit foundation land, improvement of the environmental security of surface management (elimination of oil product leaks through seals and stuffing-box seals of a rod);
- Reduction in metal consumption during replacement of the obsolete rocker-machines fleet;
- The no-sucker-rod enables mechanical dewaxing of a lift;
- Increase in pumps’ volumetric efficiency, improvement of oil recovery efficiency, decreased level of power consumption;
- Option to use downhole-to-surface telemetry with online output to a dispatcher console with controllability of the main well measures (pressure, temperature, etc.);
- Conversion of wells from periodic to constant duty;
- Operation of wells with high content of aromatic hydrocarbons, gas and solids.
In 2019, HMS Neftemash continued the project on a rodless oil extraction mechanism. Following the results of the factory acceptance testing, the company modernized and put the finishing touches to the mechanism:
- Implemented an additional fine filter in a delivery line of a hydraulic unit to enhance reliability of the unit and a hydraulic motor;
- Increased a diameter of a transmission shaft of a protector module to 25 mm for its vibration isolation at a high idle;
- Upgraded an axial piston pump, which complies with technological and weight-size requirements
A pilot run was coordinated on a number of oil & gas fields
Compressor units for NOVATEK
As part of the import-substitution program, Kazankompressormash developed a number of compressor unit for NOVATEK.
The main gas transportation unit for NOVATEK’s 4th stage of the Yamal LNG project. The unit consists of three centrifugal compressors and is intended for compression of three technological flows: feed gas, nitrogen and ethane. All three compressors are driven by a single 25 MW gas turbine, made in Russia, though a multi-shaft gearbox with one input and three output shafts. One of the compressors was designed as a multi-shaft unit of five compression stages.
The first-of-its-kind solution makes it possible to reduce the mutual thermodynamic impact of compression stages and reduce significantly the overall dimensions and the mass of the entire compressor system of the LNG production complex. All elements were designed and produced in accordance with the API standards and were completed with a local automatic control system.
HMS Group designed and manufactured a centrifugal compressor system with a capacity of up to 1 mtpa for Yamal-LNG. The complete boil-off gas compressor system is intended to compress a boil-off gas flow and supply into feed gas, which is to be liquefied. The 6.87 MPa discharge pressure system is designed in accordance with the API 617 and ASME PTC-10 international standard requirements and is capable to operate on a cold gas.
The system is designed under the “Arctic Cascade” technology patented by NOVATEK, and it helps to reduce the capital costs and develop the engineering base for LNG projects in Russia through the domestic equipment application.
Kazankompressormash began embracing of alternative technologies of production of self-balancing unicycle (compressor impeller). Today, impellers are cut from a unitary block of a forging, which means a low capacity ratio and a high level of labour inputs. The time period from a project to a developmental prototype made in metal takes 120 days.
In 2019, Kazankompressormash implemented the additive manufacturing technology, 3D printing. The new technology shortened the time period from a project to a prototype to 10 days.
The printed and tested impeller was produced from titan in accordance with the method Selectiv. During the overspeed test, the pilot compressor impeller was put on the maximum 23,500 rpm, and didn’t demonstrate any configuration‘s changes or defects in the form of cracks in the metal.
In 2019, GTNG started active development of a new activity area – Process engineering in oil and gas processing, oil extraction and petrochemical industry, where the facility provides with the full range of services:
- Concept development
- Preparation of a technical inquiry
- Preparation of a business case and a cost-benefit analysis
- Basic design
- Customization of a basic design and FEED according to Russian codes and standards
- Preparation of documents to assessment of environmental impact
- Project approval by the Russia’s State Expert Evaluation Department
- Project approval by the Russia’s State Environmental Expertise
- Detailed design
- 3D-project design
- Update of 3D-project design to “As built”
- Interaction with the leading world licensors
- Analysis, comparison and selection of the best possible technology
- Organization of complex engineering surveying
- Preparation of land surveying documentation
- Development of the project’s specific technical specifications
- Interaction with the Russia’s State bodies
- Development and supervision of project schedule and budget
- Construction supervision
- Installation supervision and commissioning works.
In 2019, GTNG completed more than 10 innovative research projects for Russia’s oil & gas companies, and patented the invention “Method of individual-group metering of the oil well cluster’s product flow and the metering system”. Also, GTNG was ranked the best regional “Innovative company of the Year”.
Legal Protection of Intellectual Property
HMS’ current operating portfolio consists of more than 300 objects of intellectual property, including 241 patents, 31 registered computer programmes, and 54 registered trademarks.
In 2019, the company received exclusive rights to 12 inventions and utility model patents, and filed applications for 9 patents including the international PCT procedure.
 CFF – ceramic foam filter, is used to remove inclusions which are generated between the refinancing system and the mold table. The ability of the ceramic foam filter to capture these inclusions is critical to maintaining a clear ingot during to solidification of metal.