1993 – 1998
- Three founders (German Tsoy, Artem Molchanov, and Kirill Molchanov) established the trading company Hydromashservice and brought together a core team of three founders and five sales managers.
- Hydromashservice actively increased sales in Russia and the CIS and built relations with key clients (primarily with companies in water utilities and metals & mining sectors).
Ambitions for Market Leadership
1999 – 2003
- Hydromashservice demonstrated boosting growth of the client base, expanded relations with the largest oil & gas and energy companies and gained leading positions in the pumps market in Russia and the CIS.
- The company gained experience in large commercial projects and humanitarian programs outside of Russia (such as the UN Oil-for-Food Programme).
- The largest Russian pump manufacturer, Livgidromash, joined Hydromashservice in 2003.
From Sales to Production
2004 – 2008
- The company acquired its key production facilities: Neftemash (Tyumen), Nasosenergomash (Sumy), and Livnynasos (Orel region, Central Russia).
- The investment industrial group Hydraulic Machines & Systems was established as an industrial holding (since 2008 - HMS Group plc.).
- HMS Group continued to develop long-term relations with its key customers.
- The company successfully implemented its first large projects in specialist pumps for nuclear power plants in India (Kudankulam) and China (Tianwan).
- The shareholders established HMS Group Management Company LLC. The extended management team was formed to achieve new ambitious goals.
Diversification and Complex Solutions
2009 – 2013
- The Board of Directors approved the strategy for accelerated growth for 2009-2015 with a focus on M&A and complex solutions.
- HMS Group acquired Giprotyumenneftegaz, the leading project and design institute for oil and gas fields, as well as new production assets: Sibneftemash, Dimitrovgradhimmash, Bobruisk Machinery Plant, and Apollo Goessnitz, and entered the market of equipment for oil refining and petrochemistry.
- HMS Group ran a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in 2011.
- The company gained access to the compressor market via acquisition of the alliance: Kazankompressormash – NIIturbokompressor, the largest manufacturer of compressor equipment in Russia and the CIS.
- HMS Group became the provider of key technological units for large projects in oil extraction and transport: Vankor oilfield, the system of export pipelines BPS-2, ESPO-1, ESPO-2, Zapolarye-Purpe, Purpe-Samotlor and many others.
- The Group introduced a new line of pumps for oil trunk pipelines (NM, NPV, and NOU series) and mastered production of large-scale technological modules, as well as tanks, vessels and heat exchangers.
Engineering and Gas Technologies
2014 – 2019
- HMS Group increased its expertise in design and manufacturing of equipment for natural and associated gas extraction and treatment on the base of Giprotyumenneftegaz and Neftemash.
- The company (Kazankompressormash) started sales of complete gas compression systems for booster compressor stations and gas trunkline compressor stations of Gazprom.
- Livgidromash plant expanded its engineering and manufacturing capabilities. The new mechanical treatment shop and the new unique testing unit were built.
- The Group implemented a large-scale investment programme covering all production units, renewed and expanded the product portfolio, and developed new product lines for pumps, compressors, measuring and other equipment for oil & gas.
- HMS Group supplied technological units for large scale gas projects, including:
- Technological equipment for ROSPAN INTERNATIONAL (East-Urengoyskoye field, Rosneft)
- Equipment for the extraction, transportation and processing of liquid hydrocarbons (Nadym-Pur-Taz region, Gazprom)
- Helium concentrate membrane separation unit (Chayandinskoye field, Gazprom)
- Equipment for LNG plants based on the "Arctic cascade" technology (PAO NOVATEK), followed by the Memorandum on Strategic Partnership, signed with PAO NOVATEK in 2019, as a part of the import-substitution program
- In 2019, total revenue, generated by the gas sector, reached almost a third of HMS' consolidated revenue, improving diversification.
- The top management developed the new strategy for sustainable growth with a focus on operational efficiency and leadership in the market of technological units for large-scale investment projects.
To the Top